February 10, 2018
Bishop Rozanski to hold listening sessions in preparation for diocesan synod
SPRINGFIELD – Springfield Bishop Mitchell T. Rozanski will hold a series of listening sessions throughout the diocese in preparation for an upcoming pastoral synod.
Noting that the word “synod” means “together on a journey,” Bishop Rozanski wrote in a letter to parishioners: “I think back to the day I was installed as your bishop here in the Diocese of Springfield. At that installation I said I wanted to listen to you and I am resolute in continuing to do so.”
The listening sessions will be held on:
- 20 at Holy Trinity Parish in Greenfield;
- 22 at St. Thomas the Apostle Parish in Palmer;
- 28 at St. John Cantius Hall in Northampton;
- March 6 at St. Joseph Parish, Pittsfield; March 15 at Mary Mother of Hope Parish, Springfield; March 19 at St. Rose de Lima Parish, Chicopee;
- April 2 at Blessed Sacrament Parish, Holyoke;
- April 12 at St. Thomas the Apostle Parish, West Springfield.
A Spanish session will be held on March 3 at St. Catherine of Siena Parish in Springfield.
Each session is scheduled for 7-8:30 p.m. and will address three questions:
- What is the church doing?
- What is the church doing but needs improvement?
- What should the church be doing?
When the listening sessions have concluded, pastors will be asked to appoint four parishioners to attend a June 12 day of discussion and discernment.